Let’s share laughs together with comedian Jim DeBoer while raising funds to provide, promote, and empower families about eliminating oral diseases in children & adolescents. Follow this link to purchase tickets: http://bit.ly/LetsSmileComedy2019
Power of preventive dental care! Let’s Smile, Inc. is a 501(c)3 organization based in Steele County since January 2013. Our mission is to provide, promote, educate, and empower families about eliminating oral diseases in children through the power of preventive dental care.
The daily reality for children with untreated oral disease is persistent pain, inability to eat comfortably or chew well, embarrassment of discolored or damaged teeth and distraction from play and learning.
Let’s Smile, Inc.’s purpose is to change lives by improving access to clinical preventive oral health care, increase oral health literacy, and raise awareness about the importance of oral health’s impact on overall health, especially to those most vulnerable.
Let’s Smile, Inc. has two Oral Health Programs to outreach to schools, preschools, day cares, and Head Start programs with our mobile dental services.
ORAL HEALTH EDUCATION CLASSROOM PRESENTATIONS:
Let’s Smile, Inc. promotes and educates about the importance of maintaining a healthy mouth through brushing, flossing, using fluoride, and regular dental visits with age appropriate presentations.
CLINICAL PREVENTIVE DENTAL SERVICES:
Let’s Smile, Inc. delivers professional dental health care services focusing on preventing oral disease in children & adolescents utilizing a Collaborative Registered Dental Hygienist.
• Basic Screening Surveys (BSS): assess for oral diseases, check for oral cancer, and inspect for the proper development of children & adolescents teeth.
• Prophylaxis (dental cleaning) : remove calculus, plaque, bacteria, and stains to prevent cavities and gingivitis
• Fluoride varnish treatments to strengthen the enamel of teeth
• Oral hygiene instructions to prevent oral diseases with take home dental tools such as toothbrush, toothpaste, and floss per child/adolescent. Take home fluoride rinse will be provided if indicated by a high cavity rate.
• Provide nutritional education affecting oral health
• Referrals to general dentist or specialist
• Monitor health status to identify community health problems
• Adhere to and promote compliance with OSHA and HIPPA
• BASIC LIFE SUPPORT FOR HEALTHCARE PROVIDERS and CPR Certified
Clinical preventive dental services provided are for children and adolescents up to the age of 19, who are covered by Minnesota Health Care Plans (MHCP) or uninsured. Children participating in our program who are enrolled in a state assistance program will have their services billed to insurance. If a child is uninsured, Let’s Smile, Inc. utilizes grant/donation funding to cover the cost of their services. Let’s Smile, Inc. does not bill families for preventative services.
Your tax deductible donation helps spread smiles in our community. Because of your contribution to Let’s Smile, Inc., the delivery of oral health education and preventive dental services is able to impact many vulnerable children and teens in our community.