Power of preventive dental care!
Let’s Smile, Inc. is a 501(c)3 organization based in Steele County since January 2013. Our mission is to provide, educate, and empower families about eliminating oral diseases in children through the power of preventive dental care.
The daily reality for children with untreated oral disease is persistent pain, inability to eat comfortably or chew well, embarrassment of discolored or damaged teeth and distraction from play and learning.
Let’s Smile, Inc.’s purpose is to change lives by improving access to clinical preventive oral health care, increase oral health literacy, and raise awareness about the importance of oral health’s impact on overall health, especially to those most vulnerable.
Let’s Smile, Inc. has two Oral Health Programs to outreach to schools, preschools, day cares, and Head Start programs with our mobile dental services.
ORAL HEALTH EDUCATION CLASSROOM PRESENTATIONS:
Let’s Smile, Inc. promotes and educates about the importance of maintaining a healthy mouth through brushing, flossing, using fluoride, and regular dental visits with age appropriate presentations.
CLINICAL PREVENTIVE DENTAL SERVICES:
Let’s Smile, Inc. delivers professional dental health care services focusing on preventing oral disease in children & adolescents utilizing a Collaborative Registered Dental Hygienist.
Let’s Smile, Inc.’s services align with the Minnesota Child and Teen Checkup standards.
Let’s Smile, Inc. increases access to clinical preventive dental professional services to children & adolescents with State Insurance: Minnesota Health Care Plans (MHCP) such as MA, South Country Health Alliance, Blue Plus, UCare, or uninsured. If a patient is covered by private dental insurance or additional/supplemental health insurance plans, we request they use another office.
- Basic Screening Surveys (BSS): assess for broken enamel on teeth, detect infections in gum tissues, check for oral cancer, inspect for the proper development of teeth, and report any signs of abuse or neglect
- Dental prophylaxis: removal of oral plaque, calculus, stains, and bacteria that cause cavities and oral infections
- Fluoride varnish treatment: strengthens the enamel of teeth to prevent cavities
- Sealants:when applied to chewing surfaces of molars, help to prevent cavities
- Oral Hygiene Instructions
- Take-home bags: include toothbrush, floss, and toothpaste for each child; take-home fluoride rinse or anti-bacterial rinse will be provided as indicated byBSS
- Post-visit follow-up: evaluation, advisement, and documentation of untreated dental decay and/or concerns to parent/guardian and the school nurse or social worker if requested
- Referrals: directly referred to general dentist or dental specialist as needed
Children participating in our program who are enrolled in a state assistance program will have their services billed to insurance. If a child is uninsured, Let’s Smile, Inc. utilizes grant/donation funding to cover the cost of their services. Let’s Smile, Inc. does not bill families for preventative services.
Your tax deductible donation helps spread smiles in our community. Because of your contribution to Let’s Smile, Inc., the delivery of oral health education and preventive dental services is able to impact many vulnerable children and teens in our community.